Wednesday, July 7, 2010

please and thank you...

we certainly spend a lot of time on various art projects around here, and sometimes, i even get to do some, too. :-) granted, it's not enough of the just-for-the-sake-of-the-art type...it's most often some purposeful, useful thing, but i'll take what i can get! in this case, it was the invitations and thank yous for sam's birthday party. the photo above shows the front of one of the invites. i used scraps of fabric for the birds' bodies, so they were all different. the back included the info for the party.


leif wanted to join in the fun, too, so he drew his own birdie pattern on some paper, and then we cut his creation out of some fabric of his choosing.


there were more birdies to make to say thank you. this time, a little ink, water color, and an old stamp did the trick. i think i like birds as much as sam, so these were super fun to do.

2 comments:

  1. Another AMAZINGLY simple, sweet, and brilliant idea! In the short time I have been following your blog, you have inspired me numerous times. I wanted to tell you how thankful I am for your creativity and for sharing your ideas with me, so that my little ones can experience the fun and love that inspired your activities. I am giving out 15 blogger awards and you are on my list. Visit my site to see it and to give out awards yourself.

    http://cowsgomooandducksgoquack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaw, they looks so fun and cute! I want to make fabric birdies now!

    Your blog is great! (Found it through Magic and Mayhem.)

    Sparklee

    ReplyDelete